Code of ConductTo promote the best learning environment possible, all students and parents will be held to this Code of Conduct. Failure to comply with this Code of Conduct or engaging in actions or attitudes that seem to be harmful to the atmosphere, other participants, or staff, in the opinion of TCC can lead to removal from a Program or Program(s). TCC reserves the right to dismiss students from a Program and prevent a student from attending additional programs without any prior warning for (1) violating any of the terms of this code of conduct, or (2) if TCC determines that a Program is not a suitable and/or productive environment for a student (this includes incidents in which a student does not have sufficient English language skills to participate in the Program; participation in courses requires a high level of English understanding). Refunds will not be given for students dismissed for failure of the student or the parent to abide by the Code of Conduct, or if it is determined that a Program is not suitable for a student. While TCC strives to maintain excellent relationships with students, in some rare cases, we may determine that TCC is not a compatible environment for every student.
Students / Parents / Guardians must not:
- Disrupt, bully, intimidate, or harass others;
- Use inappropriate language (for example, students cannot use of swear or curse words, racial, gendered, homophobic/transphobic, stereotypical, or culturally insensitive words, even if done in a joking manner);
- View, display or post any inappropriate material (including sexual content, material depicting inappropriate violence, racism, bullying, etc.) during a Program;
- Share Program information (including lesson plans, Game Plan access etc.) with third-parties, without permission from TCC;
- Impersonate another person; or
- Contact instructors outside of the Program.
Students Must Not:
- Engage in internet hacking;
- Create an account on or log into third-party websites without the permission of their instructor;
- Use false information to create an account on or log into third-party websites;
- Share personal information with staff members or ask staff members for their personal information;
- Share or create video or audio recordings of TCC staff or another student without the permission of TCC.
- Follow directions/instructions of TCC personnel;
- If online, ensure the student attends the Program in an appropriate, private setting;
- Dress appropriately during the Program;
- Only share material that is related to lessons and appropriate.
Age PolicyTCC offers Programs for students ages 7-19. Therefore, students may interact and/or room with a student that is within this age range including 18 or 19 years old. Please note the age range of the Program being registered for. If a student is 18 or 19 years old and participating in an in-person Program, they must successfully pass a criminal and sexual offender background check prior to being allowed to attend. Clients are responsible for all costs and fees associated with any background checks required for a student to attend.
Special AccommodationsIf a student requires a special accommodation to participate in an TCC Program, a parent/guardian must email TCC at email@example.com or call us at (03-4510-6178), no less than four weeks prior to your student’s first day of the Program to arrange accommodations. If a student requires an aide to participate in an TCC Program, the aide must be age 18 or older, may not be a family member, and if it is an in-person Program, the aide must achieve a favorable result on a criminal background check. Aides may also be subject to fingerprinting. Clients are responsible for all direct costs, including background check processing fees, parking, and compensation for the aide’s attendance.
- Unless otherwise noted, all financial transactions are made and quoted in Japanese YEN.
- All fees (registration, administrative, etc.) must be paid prior to the start of a Program, unless a payment plan has been agreed to. Students will be withdrawn from a Program if the Program has not been paid in full prior to the start of the Program, or if at any time a payment is not paid by the due date.
Cancellation PolicyTo provide outstanding programs, we may have to limit your ability to make changes (such as registering for a different course or changing attendance dates) and/or cancel a Program. The following is a list of refund options available: Cancellation 30 days or more prior to camp start date: 100% refund Cancellation 7 days prior to camp start date: 50% refund Cancellation 24 hours prior to camp start date: No refund (Camp fees consist of transportation and other fees.) *Cancellations will be processed within 30 business days. The actual timing of refund to your credit card depends on your credit card company’s policy.
COVID positive caseIf your child(ren) test positive for Covid-19 prior to the start of camp or a high temperature check during drop off, you may be eligible for full refund minus service fee charge. A proof of Covid-19 positive check by medical note from a clinic must be present for refund. It is up to TCC staff to address if a student is feeling symptom(s) of Covid-19 before taking them along for camp. Camp Session Change If you would like to change sessions or dates on your camp order, please check space availability on the TCC website. After you have completed a new registration, please contact us to cancel your previous registration via Camp Cancellation Request Form below. Please note cancellation charges will be applied if your session change falls within the cancellation policy. Transportation Change If you would like to change your transportation, please contact TCC by email. Any change of the meetup and/or dispersal place is subject to availability. For those of you who are requesting for the transportation option: We will issue a separate charge for the transportation fee. Please ensure to select if it is for one way only or a return ticket and also let us know for which trip you are requesting this option (from Tokyo to camp site or from camp site back to Tokyo). For those of you who are dropping off/picking up their child/children directly at the campsite: We are unable to issue a refund for you if you initially select the transportation option. Waiting List If you would like to be on the waiting list for a certain session, please send a request via the Waiting Request Form link, below. Please be advised that registering on the waiting list does NOT guarantee a spot for your child. We highly recommend that you apply for another session with spots currently available. Please carefully read the important notes in the Waiting Request Form before submitting.
Home SickIf your child(ren) wishes to discontinue participation in summer camp for any reason, we ask that you come directly to the accommodation site to pick up your child. Please arrive no later than 24 hours after we contact you to pick up your child. Please let us know your arrival time if possible to ensure we will pack your child(ren)’s belongings beforehand. You will forfeit any remainder of camp cost due to early departure. Failure to arrive 24 hours after contact will result in paid travel expenses by the parent for both a TCC staff and child(ren) back to TCC office. The staff will remain with your child(ren) until they are picked up. TCC administration will charge your account for the associated transportation cost.
- Media Release: As a condition of participation, you authorize TCC and its partners to take photos, videos, images, audio, and testimonials of you and your student and agree that said content may be used by TCC in promotional materials, marketing collateral, and online media. These images, testimonials, photos, videos, and audio may be shared and used by corporate partners, the media, or other organizations that work with TCC. You also agree that all projects and work created by your student during an TCC Program may be used by TCC in promotional materials, online, and other print media, and may be shared and used by corporate partners, the media, or other organizations that work with TCC. You understand that TCC, its owners, agents, partners, facility providers, and employees will not be held liable for damages and injuries associated with use of any content released herein, including any and all claims based on negligence. You agree that all images, testimonials, photos, video, and audio taken at or in connection with an TCC Program are the sole and exclusive property of TCC, and that TCC has a royalty-free, perpetual license to use copies of all student work and projects created at an TCC Program.
- Name and Likeness Release: As a condition of participation, you authorize TCC and the press to use your student’s full name and likeness in print, radio, TV, and other mediums.
- Project/ Hardware Release: Some TCC Programs are project-based. In such instances, TCC will attempt to provide your student with the knowledge to produce a working project. Some TCC Programs include take home hardware. In those instances, TCC will send home a product or voucher for a product. However, there will be instances when a project or product or product voucher cannot be sent home, posted or delivered, and you agree that TCC is not responsible if the game, project, product or voucher does not work properly and/or is not compatible with outside systems. You release TCC from any responsibility for failure to provide a copy of the project or product voucher, or a non-functioning/non-compatible/non-complete game, project, product voucher or product. Refunds will not be issued for not receiving products, product vouchers, or being provided a copy of the project, and/or non-functioning/ non-compatible/ non-complete projects, product vouchers or products. If you have issues with a product voucher or product, you must contact the manufacturer directly. Product vouchers only cover shipping within the continental U.S. Therefore, if you require the product to be shipped outside the continental US, you are responsible for all shipping and handling costs.
- Software Accounts: Some TCC Program activities require creation and/or use of an online account or require an online account to be created for your student. You consent to create or have TCC to create account(s) as needed for your student to participate in Program activities. During non-instructional time, students may have access to websites that require accounts to be set up. While it is against TCC rules for students to set up accounts without their instructor’s permission, there may be instances where a student may create an account without the knowledge of TCC or its employees. In such instances, you release TCC and its employees from any and all responsibility and liability for accounts created by your student without TCC’s knowledge.
- Game Ratings: TCC takes its corporate responsibility and TCC family values very seriously. However, we cannot guarantee that younger students at TCC will avoid all contact with or mention of games rated “CERO A” for Ages, “CERO B” for teens, “CERO C” young adults, etc. TCC will make a concerted effort to minimize both direct and indirect exposure to any games not rated for a student’s age group. Students attending courses designed for older ages have a greater chance of being exposed to materials rated for that older age group. If a student is attending a course for ages 15+, they may be exposed to games rated “Z” for Mature by the CERO (Computer Entertainment Rating Organization). You voluntarily assume any and all risks, known or unknown, associated with your student’s exposure to game content at an TCC Program.